Me and Hubby with new baby

Me and Hubby with new baby

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol

Tuesday's post completely passed me by. With work, kids, more work at home the day just disappeared. I really need to limit the amount of hair I do out of work. Normally it wouldn't bother me but the back is just not cooperating. My poor friend/client had to wash her own hair out in my kitchen sink after I highlighted her. I just couldn't bend over the sink. I am not even 5'4" so that doesn't help the situation much.

Finally, when all the clients were gone my husband and I sat down to watch American Idol together. We love being on the couch next to each other just watching some mindless television. We do it often. My husband is awesome when it comes to t.v. He does like his NBA and he sneaks it on commercials, but he loves to watch what I love to watch, so I have it made. We are always so bummed when the Bachelor finale takes place because we know it will be awhile before another one starts. We watch that religiously. So on Monday when the Bachelorette came on I think that was the highlight of our week. A tear might have even come to our eyes. We always have fun trying to figure out who will be the last two standing. Wow!! I'm not sure if any of you watched the other night but what a bunch of geeks!!! Poor Deanna. That girl is beautiful. The show should be called Beauty and the Geek. I don't know, maybe that was already done.

Back to Idol. I am hoping David Cook wins. I love rockers. He is awesome. I don't always like his song choices but he has an amazing voice. Young David is cute like a little puppy. A little sappy for me, but I really think he is going to win. I won't be running out to buy any of his CD's nor will I be downloading any of his songs. Even if young David does win I think Rocker David will do bigger things!!! He just has much more of a "now" voice. I'm anxious to see what happens tonight at the finale.

After Idol we put the kids to bed. My daughter likes me to sing her a song every night before she goes to sleep. Her two favorites are Somewhere over the Rainbow or Fools rush in. (you may have heard it on my playlist...I love Elvis) Last night she asked me to sing it in my American Idol voice. LMAO. I am not a singer. My husband tries to sneak and hear me sing to her. How embarrassing!!! Even after being together 21 years I still get shy about him hearing me sing. At least she bears with me and giggles a little bit, but it comforts her so I like to do it. I'm not always in the mood but she is disappointed if I don't. I started singing to my son when he was real little also but every time I would start he just covered his little hand over my mouth and said "mommy stop please". He is not a dummy!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

3 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

LMAO! Dan and I sat on the couch and watch about 10 minutes of the bachelorette....IT'S ALL WE COULD STAND TO WATCH!!

We spent the whole 10 minutes making fun of all the dorks they brought on this show...that poor girl must of been thinking...."are you KIDDING me??!! THIS? is the best of the best??!! THIS?! Is the BEST THEY COULD DO??!!!

Still LMAO over John's "stop mommy please"...

Mama Smurf said...

I see Randy finally convinced you to take a new picture....LOL....you're right Randy, you looked like a total scum bag in the last one....LOL....now you both just look like a couple of hotties!

PS...Kelly...I tagged you again...come "see" me for the details...

Marni's Organized Mess said...

You crack me up. I am so glad you joined the blogger world. :)