Me and Hubby with new baby

Me and Hubby with new baby

Thursday, May 15, 2008

And the award goes to..........



Me!!!


Hi, my name is Kelly. I am a mom, among many other things. I chose Mom of the Year for my blog title because simply, it is the farthest thing from the truth out there. It is something my girlfriends and I laugh about all the time and pass the award between us often. I want to be though, and of course, I'm sure my two very wonderful children, John and Ally, if asked, would say they think I am Mom of the Year hands down. They are bias and innocence is adorable when you are 5 and 8. I have not been that age for a very long time!!!


I am also a wife, to Randy, a very wonderful father, extremely intelligent, VERY good looking, very UNDERSTANDING man. We have been together 21 years this June. Married for 13 in August. A Jr. High romance that has lasted the test of time. And yes, there have been test. A small few. The kind of test that you don't like to take, but you end up passing them and moving on to the next chapter in life. Growing much closer after each one.


I am currently pregnant with my third child. Another boy. His name is going to be Bret. I am so excited to have him here with us. I know he will complete our family. The missing piece. He is due in August by the way, but at the same time I question myself why I wanted to have another baby at 37. My body isn't as easily taken over like it was the last two times. I really shouldn't complain. I have had a perfect pregnancy till now. No morning sickness, which is typical for me, but my back is killing me. I have just gone through two weeks of chiropractic visits and I am no better. This was my first experience to the chiropractor and I am thinking it is not helping. Although, the continually growing body of mine is probably fighting all of the adjustments that I have had. I guess gaining 30 pounds to date, with 3 months more to go will have a strain on your back for sure. I'm sure I will talk much more about my pregnancy as the time goes on here.


I want to thank my girlfriend Tammy http://thopgood-mylife.blogspot.com/ for getting me on the blog wagon. I love to read hers everyday. It makes me laugh especially since I know her so well.
Till tomorrow
Kelly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to bloggy land and congratulations on the soon-to-be new addition!

Chiropractor SAVED me during my pregnancies. I'd never gone until I was 7 months pregnant with my first child. I went every week until I gave birth, and it was a tremendous help. I could tell if I missed. I didn't feel great with the adjustments, but without them I was miserable.

A good massage never hurts, either - got my first pro massage when I was 8 months prego with #1 . . . oh MAN did that help!

Looks like you have a beatiful family . . . looking forward to hearing more :-)

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Hi, welcome to blogland. You will now never go to bed before midnight and find yourself in tears over the joys and trials of people you will never meet. :O)

The only cure I know for pregnancy induced insomnia and those little elbows and feet in the ribs is delivery!

Thanks for stopping by my blog - come back on Monday - I'm announcing a giveaway to celebrate my 100th post!

Tracey said...

I found your site from Tammy's. Glad to have you in the blogging world finally. Have Fun!