Me and Hubby with new baby

Me and Hubby with new baby

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Too busy

I will start out by showing a few pics from my busy weekend!

Me and my son at the farm fieldtrip on the hayride
Me lounging by the pool at the campground
Daddy and Daughter fun
My silly girl....love the hairdo!!!!!!!

Memorial Weekend was exahausting! Friday started out with a fieldtrip with my son to the farm with his kindergarten class, a nice bus ride, one hour there, one hour back. Much fun!! It really was. The kids had a great time. When we got back the kids and I made a trip to Davidson to take them to the campground where they would hang out with grammie and papa for two nights. They were taking our kids so my hubby and I could go on our trip with friends up north, to Manistee, on Lake Michigan. A four hour trip!!!! So on Friday alone, I was in the car for eight damn hours. By the time we got to our final destination in Manistee my back was just killing me. We arrivied there at 11p.m. and didn't go to bed until 1 a.m. We had a nice ride up, chatting, laughing, and enjoying adult conversation. That helped the four hour drive not seem so bad.





Saturday my husband woke early and left me at the Hotel so he could go golf in a tournament. Which he won! Well his foursome did anyway. I was up at 6:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. So I watched some show on t.v. about Prom disasters. Took a shower, did my hair, walked around the hotel. Twiddled my thumbs. I waited till 9:30 to call our friends to see if they wanted to go shopping, breakfast, what ever. SOMETHING!!! Something to make the time pass until my hubby came back from golfing. I was bored. They answered the phone right away. I knew they had to be still sleeping when she answered the phone but I didn't care! So they tell me that they are going to get up, get ready and call me. They didn't call me till about 12:15 p.m. Almost 3 hours later. Are you kidding me!!! WTF. They fell back asleep. I am so irritated by now and hungry, because the TWO continental breakfasts that I ate had already worn off by this time. Yes I said TWO. I am eating for two so why not eat each meal twice!





Fast forward to the big party at night. After being irritated all day and not eating lunch until 2 p.m. it is now party time. My husband's friend from his job had this party at her up north home on Lake Michigan. Beautiful condo on the water. It was a crawfish boil. Have any of you ever tried crawfish? I did not!!!! I took one look at them and smelled them and that was it. NO freaking way is that touching my mouth! I normally am not a picky eater and I love seafood. Not this time! YUCK There was a band there. They sucked, but had this huge tip bucket set up in front of them. PLEASE. That was pretty funny. It was the hosts sons band and I kinda felt bad for him though. Oh well. This party would have been really fun otherwise but my back is hurting me so bad by now I am just miserable, and to top it off the party was mostly outdoors and it was CHILLY. So I was tensing up from being cold which made my back hurt even worse.





God...... I really sound like a complainer here but I am pretty much over being pregnant now. I want my body, my pain free, skinnier, body back. SOON. How many more days till August 18th? Everything is so much harder to do right now. Sleep. Work. Steps. SEX.





We picked up the kids Sunday afternoon at the campground. They had a blast camping with my parents. We stayed about six hours there and then left for home. We got home around 11 p.m. I got everyone to bed and then sat down to check my emails. The first one I see is titled "Gracie". It was about my friend Tammy's little dog. Most of you that will read my blog already know her and the story about Gracie. I was so sad. We lost a 12 year old chihuahua about 5 weeks ago also. He was just getting old and had many problems so we decided to end his misery and put him down. My heart goes out to her family. It sucks to lose a pet that you love so dearly. Especially when you have kids, they just don't understand why things happen sometimes. WHO DOES?





Monday was really nice. Got up really late, went to Denny's for breakfast. We went over to my MIL's house around 2 for a BBQ. Just relaxed! A very much needed day.





Tuesday was back to school and work...........A normal day........yeah right!!! About two minutes before I am to leave to take the kids to school I realize that my keys are in my husband's car. SHIT! Thirty minutes away. I am swearing and stomping my feet now because I am suppose to go to work right after I take the kids to school. I call my work and they say "don't worrry, you are not real busy today, we'll just move your clients". Awesome!!! An extra day off is fine by me. So I take a deep breath and decide to just walk the kids to school. It's not really that far, maybe 1.5 miles round trip, but they are not used to walking and I knew they would be dragging their feet. I call the school to tell them they would be there but late. About a half hour late!!! So we set out on our little walk. We get to the end of our street and some woman from my neighborhood I have seen before but don't really know stops me and asks "Do you need a ride to the school". I hesitate for a moment but I could see she felt my pain and we hopped in her van. She said she never sees me walking and it was so late she knew my car must be broken or something. She also said she knew I must have been irritated because she saw me dragging my son by the arm with my daughter about 2o feet behind us. LOL. I find out she lives about two blocks from me and had already taken her kids to school. We laughed because she had been late also! What a great neighbor. I couldn't thank her enough. We dropped the kids off and then she drove me home!!! Bless her heart. Sometimes you wonder if those kinds of neighbors still exist. They do!!!





I am so excited. We are surprising the kids with a new puppy this weekend. They are sad about losing Paco, our chihuahua last month and ask for a new doggy everyday!!!!! Tammy and I are driving to Indiana to get our brother/sister Havashu pups. Tammy has the pictures of our babies on her blog. http://thopgood-mylife.blogspot.com/ I can't believe I am getting a puppy two months before my baby boy comes. Oh well. Life is already crazy, why not just add a little more drama to it. At least I will have several weeks to get this puppy potty trained, before I have to start with diapers again!!






3 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

1) I'm feel'n a little guilty....you see.....I knew damn well when I sent you that email that you and Randy are Impulsive and are SUCKERS! I knew that all I'd have to do is show you a picture and you'd be so all over this puppy thing...I bow my head in shame for being so low as to prey on your weakness.....

SUCKERS!!!!! LMAO

2) You realize we'll be in the car for close to 7 hours Saturday right?! Can you and your back handle it? I'll nab a pair of bed pans from the hospital and we can just sit on them for the ride....otherwise....between the 2 of us we'll be stopping every 15 minutes!

Kelly said...

You are so manipulative. We so fell for it. Hook, line, and sinker!!!! I will be doing hair for a bride and bridesmaids for a few hours before we leave so I will be eating tylenol like candy!!! I still won't have to pee as much as you but when you stop to pee I will have to stretch for sure!!!! It will be worth the trip.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you're a soldier! I laugh as I read the "walking" to school bit. Sounds familiar :)