Me and Hubby with new baby

Me and Hubby with new baby

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The last few weeks



Okay!!! It's been 3 weeks since I've written on my blog page, with the exception of posting a picture of my very hot husband!! No I did not photo shop him, he is for real!!!! Lucky me. LOL Even he asked me when I was going to write another post. There have been times I wanted to and didn't and times I just plain old could care less. I think it is just summer hitting. The family is home from school, including my husband which is a teacher. We have been busy. When they are not home I tend to spend a little more time on the computer than I should, but when they are I feel too guilty to be sitting in front of it all day.




So let me think, what has happened in the last 3 weeks. Well first of all Bud happened. The new puppy. He is adorable, and a stinker! The kids adore him. We love him. I wish he would just get straight already that he has to pee and poop outside ALL the time, not just part of the time!!! He will be 14 weeks old tomorrow. He is a Havashu. I had never heard of that kind before. It is a Shitzu and Havanese mix. Our vet says that the Havanese breed is very rare in these parts and he has only seen a couple in his career. His hair is so soft and fluffy I just want to use him as my pillow. I would, except for this afternoon he pissed on my bed! I just changed my sheets yesterday for God's sake. I left him for two minutes to go get a load of laundry to fold and I come back to a big puddle in the middle of my bed. Thank God not on the comforter. As if I ever actually make my bed anyway. This time I was thankful I don't!!!!




School is out!!! Woo hoo!!! I love it. No alarm clocks. No being tardy to school. No arguing over what to wear. We have been playing in the pool. Relaxing. Getting ice cream.......ALOT. The kids are having a really good time with our new neighbors. Their kids are so close in age to ours.




My very talented husband is re-doing my daughter's room this week. When we moved in 5.5 years ago she was 3 years old. I thought it would be adorable at the time to paint her room pink and purple and very princess like. Well even though my beautiful daughter may act as if she is a princess sometimes she has hated that room from the get go. She is girly for sure but she would have rather had a black and red rock star room than a princess room. Well we draw the line there. There will be no black or red room for her!! To top it off, her room was completely done except for the mouldings. I'm sure all of you have at least one room in your house that is not quite finished....am I right? Well it's been 5.5 years and guess what we bought at Lowe's today? MOULDINGS and CROWN MOULDINGS. I am very excited about this!!! So excited that I am almost turned on by it. Isn't is amazing as you get a little older what sorts of things will turn you on. Hubby says they will be up and painted by the end of the week!! He will deserve some lovin' for sure!!!



I am now going on 8 months pregnant. I really need to get my ass somewhat in gear for the new baby. I have all of my son's clothes from when he was an infant packed in rubbermaid in my storage area. I really really want to sort through it to see what I can use. Some day's I am too lazy to do it and other day's I'm too busy. I really don't have to buy anything big for the baby. Maybe a new swing. The swings are rockin' that they have out right now. They go side to side and you can put your IPOD in them. It's crazy how things change in just 6 short years. I'm sure any of you mom's out there will remember your first pregnancy. You put every single item on your shower registry at Babies R Us. You were afraid to leave anything out, because you may need it. NOT!!!! I had 40 pairs of P.J.'s in different sizes given to me at my shower lined up in the nursery closet for my daughter. We didn't know she was a girl so everyone that gave us jammies bought mint or yellow or white. Of course it came in handy when the son was born, he got to use them also. When he came I really didn't have to buy much at all and learned that most of the stuff I had for the first baby I didn't need. Like a wipe warmer. Give me a freakin' break!!!!!! This time I am not even buying a diaper bag. I absolutely hated carrying those damn things around. On second thought I really like the new Vera Bradley colors out right now. They don't look to diaper baggish. I think I will just shove some diapers and wipes in the glove compartment of the van and be done with it. Anyway I made an appointment for my C-section on August 21rst at 11 a.m. Personally if he would like to make an appearance any time after August 1rst that would be just fine with me!!!!! I am gettting.....no have gotton to the point when being pregnant is not cute anymore. My stomach is not only huge, I am even pregnant in my toes. They look like light bulbs. My husband even agreed!!!! Even though I want to smack him sometimes for agreeing with me he is very sweet. He said something to me last night that was very touching and almost made me cry. He said to enjoy this moment right now because you will never be able to say again that you feel miserable or fat due to pregnancy. Ya know it is so true. Even with all the aches and pains and crabbing I know I will miss it. This is it, it really will be the last time. It better be because I am having my tubes tied that day also.

I'm going to try and be better about my posting. I love to read all of yours. It makes me feel more normal. Everyone else out there with kids and family are just as nuts as we are!!!! For now I'll leave you a precious pic of our new baby.



Bud our new puppy!!!













5 comments:

Heidi said...

What a cute little puppy! :)
I am so there with you on being done with the pregnancy- I have 4 weeks to go and if he came right now, I would SO be okay with it!
This is my last one too, which is good because it seems to get harder each time and I don't know that I'd want to push my luck again!
A swing with an iPod attachment?? Seriously? Which one is that?

Mama Smurf said...

Can you actually SEE your feet?? Or do you use a mirror in front of your belly? Just say'n....

Just kidding...you know I love you! Go tell our cabana boy that you'll be needing a foot massage while we're floating in your pool this weekend!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

I laughed out loud about the wipe warmer comment...I have a good friend at work pregnant with her first at 38. She is begging me to go to the store when she and hubby-to-be create their registry. She said to me over lunch the other day, "I need you to tell me what NOT to register for."

First thing out of my mouth: "Wipe warmer."

Her: "Really? Why?"

Me: "Cuz they're really kinda pointless and..." that's when I realized SHE had bought me a wipe warmer when I was pregnant with my first son. Oops. Its a good thing we can laugh about it!

And your poor toes...lightbulbs...what an analogy!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are still around. I am absolutely amazed that at 8 months pregnant, you have the motivation to do anything. I want to see a picture of the room when you all get finished with it.

Happy2bme said...

Bud is adorable!!

Your toes sound painful, poor thing. Being pregnant in the summer is tough.