Me and Hubby with new baby

Me and Hubby with new baby

Friday, August 29, 2008

Baby Bret!

Baby Bret arrived on August 21 at 11:55 a.m as scheduled. He weighed in at 7 pounds 4 ounces and 19.5 inches long. The Cesarean delivery went smoothly. This has been my best recovery yet from the three cesareans that I have had. Hours after his birth I had no problem getting up and moving around. Well I was sore for sure but I wasn't crying like I did nine years ago when I had my daughter and they told me I had to get out of bed. With my first I felt like I had been hit by a semi. Maybe the drugs have improved a bit since I last gave birth.

He has been home almost a week now and is an absolute angel. He actually got to play an angel at his first photo shoot on Thursday also. I should be getting my proofs from that right after Labor Day and I will share them all with you. He is up about every three hours or so right now and I am a little more sleep deprived than usual, but I am really enjoying this time with him. He doesn't really cry, he just whimpers a little in his bassinet to let me know he's hungry. This morning he slept from 3:30 a.m. until after 9:00. It felt really good to sleep in on a Saturday.

My two older children love him already. They fight over who will hold him or sit next to him in the van. When they do get to hold him it doesn't last for more than a minute and then they are tired of him. They love to watch me change his diaper, but don't really want to help. I really don't expect them to and I don't want them to feel like baby sitter's anyway. Sure they help get things for me that I need for him when I am feeding him and can't get up. That makes them feel like they are doing their part. My five year old son John is especially fun to watch with Bret because he loves to give the baby kisses on the top of his forehead, and he does it so gently. For any of you that know John this is so adorable because John is a bit of a wild child. Allyson cracks me up because she laughs so hard when she hears the "boy noises" come out of Bret. She immediately reminds me that I "NEED" to change him "NOW".

We are having a ton of fun with this new baby. It's definitely work having a third child in the house but we are coping quite well. I am a little afraid of this upcoming week getting the older two off to school on time. I'm sure that will be a whole new adventure for me! We always run on the late to school to begin with. I think I may have to set my alarm clock a little sooner than last year. Wish me luck!!!

Here are some pictures from the day the baby was born. I will post more this week as I get some time.

I also can't wait till the kids go back to school so I can catch up on some of your blogs also. I miss reading them.




Bret Allen English

My first chance to hold Bret

Welcome to the world sleepy!!!

I love you!!!

Wow I have 3 kids!!!!

4 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Yay! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on baby #3! Best wishes on a happy school year too.

Mama Smurf said...

I can't wait to meet him! Can we come by this weekend??

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

He is absolutely precious! I ♥ the pic of him yawning...so sweet!

Glad to hear recovery is going well...if/when we have #3 it'll be my 3rd C-section, too. DREADING THAT!

Hope you can get some sleep with the older ones in school now!