Me and Hubby with new baby

Me and Hubby with new baby

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I did it!!!

I have a huge smile on my face right now! Why? We made it to school on time today! (and there is peace and quiet in my home) Although, you would think that me getting up two and a half hours before school I should have time to get there. Well, we cut it close anyway. We even stopped off at McDonald's for a little quick breakfast. If I would have made it at home we surely would have been late. I had planned on making pancakes but that did NOT happen! I always stress out getting them to school but when you add child#3 to the mix it gets a little crazy. I really have two more days till I am suppose to drive (yes I did have a cesarean 12 days ago) but come on I had to get the pictures in their classrooms and them waiting for the bell to ring. I scrapbook so this is a must. I really couldn't have had my neighbor drive them and carry along my camera with her now could I?


I am so proud of my kids. My daughter is going into 3rd grade and my son is going into 1rst grade. They were excited to wear some of their new clothes this morning. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no bickering and fighting. They got ready quickly. (it was mommy that was behind)


Tonight is curriculum night already at their school. My son also has soccer practice at the exact same time. How do you be in two places at once? What is more important. LOL Obviously it's school. Not sure what we are going to do about this one. Hubby and I may have to split up tonight so we can do both. See....first day and things are already crazy busy. Hubby went back to school today also. He teaches 6th grade. He must have been in a rush this morning because he left his wallet behind. No lunch for him today!!


Baby is sleeping soundly right now and I am in heaven. There are plenty of things to do around the house today but the kids only have a half day so I really am just relaxing this morning. Only an hour more before I have to go pick them up. Tomorrow is their first full day of school. The only thing on my agenda tomorrow is my two week check up at the doctor. They will let me know if it's safe to drive. Little do they know I will be driving myself there. Most people that know me know that I don't follow rules very well. Don't tell my kids that!!!!!





My first grader

My daughter making her way through the crowd


My second grader and her buddy


Always smiling

I'm ready to learn (hehe)

Thank God I have friends in my class!

4 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

OMG! When did you start blogging again!!?? I took your blog off the list cause I thought you had given up!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Aw, so glad to hear the first day is underway! And glad to see you back in the bloggy world! (KYUTE kids, btw!)

Suzie said...

I'm so glad they had a good start to the year

Maude Lynn said...

First day of school 12 days after a cesarean? You are one amazing woman!