Me and Hubby with new baby

Me and Hubby with new baby

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

OMG!!!

Should I be embarrassed? I'm not quite sure. We TRY not to say swear words in front of our children, but when they hear them in songs or in movies or anywhere else for that matter we try not to make a big deal out of it. They are going to hear them. It's life. If they bring it to our attention we simply say to them "just because you hear it doesn't mean you have to say it. I'ts not nice, very inappropriate, yady, yady, yada.........". My fingers are always crossed my almost 6 year old son will not slip one in on accident at school!!!! So far, so good.



So this morning on the way to school my almost 9 year old daughter and I have this conversation. To set up the scenario Kid Rock is playing in the background quite loudly. Any one that listens to the Kid knows that he just can NOT control himself. (this kind of turns mommy on but hey that is another story entirely)

Daughter "mom this song has a lot of f words in it"

Me "yes it does, and its not very nice, just don't repeat them"

Daughter "the A word is worse than the F word"

Me "well they are all bad but I think the F word is worse, I know you are a very smart, good girl but please don't say either"

Daughter " there is a P word in there also"

Me thinking to myself "what the hell is the P word" as I hum the words to the song to try and figure that one out

Daughter "what does the F word mean"

Me "it means something naughty, ya know how your 4 year old cousin points with his middle finger and we are trying to get him to stop?" That is the same thing as saying the F word. So don't say it and don't stick your middle finger out".

Daughter "No mom sticking your middle finger out means F...You A hole"

Me speechless with mouth dropped open "no it doesn't it just means F...You"

Daughter "mom, yes it does, i know it"

Me wondering how to argue that one "well alright then, just don't say it or do it EVER"

OMG
Do I need to tone down the music in the car or what?

6 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

LMAO!

Yep!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Ha ha. I won't let DH listen to this in the car with the kids. I love old Kid Rock, but I can't stand the new stuff... around the kids! ;-)

Gretchen said...

That's really funny!

Just change to Rammstein. Unless she speaks German, she won't know how naughty their words are. :)

Kelly said...

And you were having this discussion with my precious eight year old why????? How about "OMG, mommy can't believe he said that either....mommy is so disgusted" AND THEN TURN THE F.....G STATION!!!!!

R...AKA.... Tam's Stalker!!! LOL

Maude Lynn said...

Every time my daughter hears a swear word, she has to repeat it and announce that it's a bad word . . . over and over and over.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Ha...did you ever figure out what the "P" word is?