Me and Hubby with new baby

Me and Hubby with new baby

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Soccer Mom





I never thought I'd see the day when I would be running my children around three days a week after school and on the weekends for a sport. My children are young and just beginning to get involved with extra curricular activities. My husband and I thought it would be great for our son and daughter to join soccer this year. They are playing for A.Y.S.O. I guess it's a pretty big national organization. (not so organized I am finding out) It's a great sport. Good for exercise and building coordination. God knows our children need to burn off some energy and being involved in an organized sport will help them build self confidence. When I was a youngster I was very shy and didn't really do sports. I never thought I could. I am the girl that had every excuse in the free world to get out of gym class. Luckily my two older children have taken after their dad in the "outgoing" department.


This past Saturday was the start of official games. Son's games are at ten a.m. and daughter's games are at noon. So for the next five week's our Saturday's will consist of three hours of soccer. Luckily most games are at the same location, but I'm sure we won't always be that lucky. Oh yes.... did I mention every Tuesday and Thursday night there are games also. We will be busy! I am excited for the kids, they seem to be enjoying themselves so far, and so are we. They are eager to learn the game and seem pretty focused out there, well as much as they can be for their ages. Tonight I watched my son, my five year old, make his first goal. I laughed at myself as I jumped out of my fold up chair and screamed my head off for him. A very proud moment indeed. Our family was all there watching, including grandma and great grandma. I'm sure there will be many years of proud moments for me to experience with all of my children. I can't wait. This is such a precious time in their life and I am going to try to take it all in and remember as much as I can.


The flamingos getting ready to start their first game


Go Ally Go

Wow we've never seen you run so fast in your life

A very excited boy!

Go Tigers!

Great game John!

3 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

That's awesome! Yeah for John's first score!!!!

Anonymous said...

Soccer is a great sport! Hope the rest of the season is a ton of fun for your kids.

Young and Patti said...

Congratulations to John on his first score and Allyson for a job well done.