Me and Hubby with new baby

Me and Hubby with new baby

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Weekend plans

Well good morning.

I just had my first good night's sleep in about two weeks. I'm sure my insomnia days are not completely over, I know they are a part of normal pregnancy sometimes, but man did I sleep like a baby last night. The reason I slept so well I am actually a little embarrassed to write about online, but hey I know all of you women out there that have been pregnant will understand this. Some of you that have never been pregnant will understand also. I think the excruciating pain that I have been dealing with for a couple weeks now that was almost unbearable at times underneath my ribs was simply CONSTIPATION. Not my precious unborn baby's head putting pressure on my ribs, but CONSTIPATION!!!!! So embarrassing!!!!!!To put this in polite terms, that problem is OVER. It was a problem that I didn't really realize I had because I just don't need to do that very often. Surprise Surprise I have no more pain. I slept like a rock last night and woke up symptom free!!!! I am actually sitting at the computer, slightly bent over and I am not in pain. YAHOO!!! Well enough of all that. I'm sure you will all get updates on my pregnancy highs and lows over the next three months, no doubt!!

We have a pretty busy Saturday this weekend. Today my son John is doing his very first cub scout deed. The boys are meeting at our city park today to help clean it! They will be there for two hours and after that they get to go swimming at our community center which is fairly new and really beautiful. Money very well spent by our city taxes. Now you have to get a little history on my son. He came home a few weeks ago from school with a brochure stating when and where to join up. The brochure was well done. Very colorful and loaded with pictures of activities they do through out the year. On the bottom was a very nice picture of the cub scouts enjoying archery. John exclaimed that he HAD to join cub scouts because he gets to shoot bows and arrows. He is all boy when it comes to things like that. Which really, I am proud of. I quickly made sure he knew that this is not all cub scouts is all about. Him being 5, of course heard about two words I had to say about badges, camping, community service and has been talking about the bows and arrows ever since. I am sure some of you have read about my John my good friend Tammy's My life blog . I'm really not sure I want a bow in this kids hand. I'm having visions of the cub scout leader being shot in the butt for sure!!! Good luck to that man. Anyway,I am excited for him to join cub scouts, for him, and for me because it will create many wonderful scrapbook layouts!!!!

I am off today with my daughter Ally to take her to a roller skating birthday party. I'm sure that will be tons of fun helping her skate as I am almost 7 months pregnant. After that we are going to the mall for nails and pedicures together. I love spending time with her and I don't do it enough. Should be a very fun day!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

5 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD......KEEP THE BOW AND ARROW AWAY FROM THAT CHILD!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!

You know what's gonna happen....you can forsee it happening....and yet....

Actually, on second thought, give him the bow and arrow...it'll make for a good blog post! LOL!

I highly suggest, however, you take it away before the baby is born. You really must post that picture of John's reaction after hearing that he's gonna be a big brother. The bloggy world needs a heads up on that child!

....And my daughter will get a good laugh one day when she's his wife.

Kelly said...

OMG yes I will blog that pic and story so funny!!!!!!

LittlePaintedPolkaDots said...

Hi Kelly! Welcome to the wonderful (addicting) world of blogging! I came by via Tammys blog.

Mama Smurf said...

You've been tagged for "13 uninteresting things about me" meme.

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy. Mine favorite little gem was the relentless heart burn. It started at month 5 and didn't let up until the very end. Take care :)